.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

CockNBullKid Releases Debut Album, U.S. Release Planned for Later this Year


CockNBullKid (AKA Anita Blay) is an artist I briefly mentioned in my massive music video round up when I got back from Mexico. Since then, I've been listening to her song "Asthma Attack" on repeat and thought that my love for this song warranted doing a proper post. While I still have trouble saying the name CockNBullKid out loud, I have no problem whatsoever telling people that they need to listen to her music.  I just do it over email instead of verbally.


"Asthma Attack" is the third single lifted off her just released debut album, Adulthood and the follow up to previous singles "One Eye Closed" and "Hold On To Your Misery." Released on Moshi Moshi/Island Records, Adulthood was recorded in London, Paris and Stockholm and produced by Liam Howe (Mariana and The Diamonds, Adele). Look out for collaborations with Gonzales, Peter Bjorn & John's Peter MorĂ©n and Metronomy's Joseph Mount.  CockNBullKid just shot a video for just announced single #4, "Yellow," so look out for that shortly.


Adulthood is out now on the UK, download it on UK iTunes HERE. As for U.S. audiences, per a Tweet from the CockNBullKid herself, it's coming out soon so "stay tuned!"  In the meantime, check out fantastic videos for both "Asthma Attack" and "Hold On To Your Misery" below.  Also worth a listen is this live duet between CockNBullKid and Music Is My King Size Bed-favorite Clare Maguire.  Watch these two lovely divas cover Plan B's "He Said" HERE.  CockNBullKid is a complete original.
Check out CockNBullKid on the web: